Table of contents
I cannot stress enough that consideration is available for any health or extenuating circumstance that you experience this quarter. Please reach out to me at any time for any reason. Consideration includes but is not limited to individually modified due dates. In other words, do not let this course take priority over your health.
Below is our tentative schedule. It is subject to change, but any changes will be reflected here.
- Syllabus and other details specific to Bioinformatics Algorithms
- Introduction and welcome to Bioinformatics! (Joint with Dr. Jean Davidson’s Bioinformatics Application Course)
- Topic 1 - Where in the Genome Does DNA Replication Begin? (Algorithmic Warmup)
- Topic 2 - How do we compare DNA sequences?
- Topic 3 - How do we assemble genomes?
- Topic 4 - Which animal gave us SARS?
- Topic 5 - How do we locate disease-causing mutations?
- Topic 6 - Are there fragile regions in the human genome?
- Topic 7 - How Did Yeast Become a Wine Maker? (Expression Data Clustering)
- Topic 8 - Why have biologists still not developed an a HIV vaccine?
No new material is scheduled a priori. We reserve this time to reinforce/refine topics from the quarter.