Table of contents
I cannot stress enough that consideration is available for any health or extenuating circumstance that you experience this quarter. Please reach out to me at any time for any reason. Consideration includes but is not limited to individually modified due dates. In other words, do not let this course take priority over your health.
Below is our tentative schedule. It is subject to change, but any changes will be reflected here and on Canvas.
- Introduction to the course (Syllabus, Canvas, Website)
- Cloud computing and distributed file systems
- Distributed computing at the command line
- Setting up a web service for data availability
- Language extensions for distributed computing
- When old models of computing fail: Hadoop
- What was wrong with Hadoop?: Spark RDDs and complex multi-pass algorithms
- Spark SQL
- What is NoSQL?: Riak and Redis
- More on NoSQL: MongoDB
- Reserved for deeper dive and project related time